Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a tack shop (horse equipment) on a regular basis. Since I'm taking the summer easy, I decided a couple days a week working at a pet store would be kind of neat.

We get regular nutjobs through the store, that's for sure. I will update this thread on a regular basis with the latest and greatest.

Here are some up till now:

#1:
Lady walks in and asks for some help choosing anti-chewing products for her 6 Shih Tzu dogs that are tearing her house apart. My coworker, R, asks what the dogs' lifestyle is like to try and figure out the reason behind the destructive behavior.
Lady: "Well, they are eating my tables and sofas, and I can no longer hide the repair bills from my husband"
R: "There might be something in the dogs' routine that is triggering the destructive behavior; can you tell me what they do on a typical day?"
Lady: "They are let out into the backyard for a few hours a day, and they tear around and play their little hearts out. When they're inside they're running up and down the stairs and playing all the time, so they're getting enough exercise if that's what you're getting at. "
R: "Unfortunately, ma'am, just letting the dogs out to the backyard probably isn't enough. They need structured walks to engage their minds and really tire them out. I'm sure if you started incorporating walks into their routine, the chewing would stop."
Lady: "I simply CANNOT take them out for walks! Are you insane?! My dogs are SHOW dogs, they CANNOT go out for walks and get all dirty!! Show me what you have for anti-chewing sprays."
R: ...

#2:
A lady comes up to the cash counter and tells us she has a strange question. R (same as above) giggles and tells Lady that she's heard it all. Well, not this!
Lady: "My neighbor is barking at my dog, and my dog is reacting by barking back. I would really rather he not get into the habit."
R: "Can you ask your neighbors to keep their dog in while yours is out, or for them to start correcting their dog, or something along those lines? You can complain to the City if their dog is barking too much..."
Lady: "No, I'm sorry ... my NEIGHBOR is barking at my dog. As in... the MAN is barking at my dog."
R: "..."
Lady: "I know, strange question. I have asked him numerous times to stop. I have even lied and told him that my dog has a shock collar on so it's cruel to taunt him and make him bark; nothing works. I've talked to his wife, I've even made public comments about it, NOTHING works."
R: "Have you given thought to getting a high-powered watergun?"

·
Registered
103 Posts
I heard a good one at the vets office the other morning. A caller called and asked if Armadillo blood was poisonous to her dog. I looked at the vet the vet looked at me while the receptionist was on the phone and we both busted up laughing lol It takes all kinds to make the world go around I guess!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Haha, now I need to start remembering things like this while I'm at work. A woman called in asking if she had to get her dog neutered, or if she could just put rubber bands around his testicles to make them fall off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts