Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tick season has started again, and all reports suggest that the population of ticks has increased dramatically. Unfortunately, a higher percentage of ticks appear to be carriers of lyme disease this year, and in addition to the prospect of dogs becoming infected, the dogs tend to carry many ticks as a result of being outside in parks and yards. This increases the prospect of those in the household being bitten, even if they have not been outside. Lyme disease is rampant, and because it is difficult to diagnose, it probably accounts for more undiagnosed ailments than anything else. There is a vaccine for dogs to protect against Lyme disease, but I am not sure that this provides any benefit to humans who are bitten by infected ticks that were carried by a dog, even though vaccinated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The thing you can do to fight the flea and ticks is utilized the dog flea collar. But you should consult your personal veterinarian first before trying any kind of flea collar. This is because of not all dog suitable to wear this collar. The prevention and treatment really depend on your dog lifestyle and also the environment of your dog is living.

The regular outdoor dog could be the ones that need to wear this kind of collar but sometimes the side effect could happen because of the chemical release by the flea collar, not many dogs can tolerate to this kind of situation. By the way, you know better about your health background of your dog. The veterinarian might be the ones to suggest any kinds of flea collar on the market right now.

·
Registered
420 Posts
We should all be using flea and tick prevention, be that the chewables, a quality spot or, sprays and collars.

I personally prefer the chewables with repellent spray for my babies since that will kill fleas and ticks and, repel flies and mosquitoes as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts