Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - I am a proud new pup owner of a 20 pound 10-month old Sheltie/collie/terrier mix. I have had him one wk now.

Yesterday morning when I let him out of his crate he had thrown up a plastic/vinyl blue material along with bile and undigested food. Upon calling the adoption center they said it was probably the mats the dogs sleep on in their kennels.

Should I be worried?
Is there more?
Does he need to see a vet?
I just woke up to him hacking :(

He is eating, drinking and pooping (loose stool).

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Chewy, unfortunately, sometimes eats stuff he shouldn't. Its somewhat common for me to find a small stuffed animal ear or piece of sock in the middle of his poop. These are small things that have passed through without doing any harm (thank god) but he's a healthy, 88 lb Labrador with good, solid poop and keeps his food down. One time I found the little pom pom off my slipper in there that's I'd been looking for for months!

Since your dog is just a fragile pup and is also having the loose stool... I'd take him to the vet just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Take him to the vet. It's possible there's a big chunk of plastic blocking his intestine, which would explain the vomiting and the diarrhea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts