Dog Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet my newest foster pups, Clover, Skye, and Summer!

I hadn't planned on these three, I had gone saying I would bring A dog home, but then these girls happened.. My dog pound filled up a few days ago so I went up to see if there were any dogs I could take home, and there in the front cage were these three adorable pups! At first I didn't think I would because I was looking for one dog, but with them being full and no other dogs there that would work.. So long story short, before I knew it I was on the way home with three pups and me sitting there wondering how I get myself into these things, lol.

The pups are 10-12weks old and sadly haven't been socialized very well so they are more timid then the other pups I've had, thankfully though they are quite friendly. They came in with their mom and she is a Flat Coat, possible Aussie or Border cross so the pups are those along with what I believe is some hound. Feel free to offer breed guesses!

Overall they have been great so far, I have only had them since yesterday but already they are learning to trust more and are learning some basic manners such as waiting for food. Amazingly they were able to hold it all night and went potty as soon as I took them outside in the morning.

Here they are.

Clover. She is the biggest pup.

Skye. She is the in between pup.

And Summer. She is the smallest pup but also the dominate one.
http://www.dogforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Oh SO cute. I agree they look like aussie or bc mixed with a hound of some sort.

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh SO cute. I agree they look like aussie or bc mixed with a hound of some sort.
They are darling little things and are very well behaved for being pups, they sleep a lot as puppies do and even though they will go potty in their pen they try to hold it so they can go outside.

Reactions: jclark343

·
Registered
247 Posts
They are so precious! You'll just have them until they find adopters (I imagine it would be quick with pups!), or is this more of a long-term deal?

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are so precious! You'll just have them until they find adopters (I imagine it would be quick with pups!), or is this more of a long-term deal?
At this point they are on hold because they still have an owner, they were picked up along with their mom when they got loose, their owner is on the road due to work and they won't be back until tomorrow from what I understand.. We aren't sure how long we will have them at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pupdate: Our first full day with the pups has gone well! Got the pups wormed, their nails trimmed and have only seen two fleas on them compared to the 20 or 30 we saw and killed with Dawn yesterday. They are doing great with house training and really seem to have been almost completely trained before they got here. They are now starting to signal when they need out, but like all young pups if they must go they will do so even inside, thankfully there have been only a few accidents and over 90% of the time they go outside. They are really sweet and have come a long way from the sad looking things in the back of their cage at the pound, now it can be hard to get away from them when they are out and they love to try and sit in a lap.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late update! About a week ago Skye started having bloody diarrhea, thankfully it did clear up as it was caused by all the worms that came out when she was given dewormer, but I was very worried and forgot about this post for a bit. Anyways, she recovered now and is in a wonderful home! Her sisters are on their way to their new homes as well, so happy ending for all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts