Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Doesn't sound like a good day care to me either. I don't work at one, but my guy attends once a week. I'm not sure what the ratio of the place Tuck goes to is, but at any one time you'll see 4-5 people around, if not more. The dogs are never left unattended, they get taken out for a couple walks during the day, and the staff works hard to keep the pups engaged and having fun + allowing lulls for the pups to relax and nap. They provide a summary of the days events and how the pups did. They are PR based and work on teaching tricks, doing some agility stuff, play games, celebrate pup b-days and generally look to just have a good time with the dogs.

I think that the fact that you wouldn't leave your own dogs there speaks volumes though, trust your gut. It's easy to say without knowing your financial situation or the options in the town you live in, but I wouldn't work there if I didn't need to.

· Registered
272 Posts
@Shandula Luckily I live in a big city (Toronto) so there are a lot of options around here for pups. I spent a few hours researching different places around the city that offered day care. I had a few criteria that I was looking to meet, PR based, somewhat close or on my way to work, had boarding services. Surprisingly I found yelp fairly useful in this process, and narrowed my search to 2 day cares that were quite similar, e-mailed them both with some questions and set up a meet and greet. Ended up with the one he's at now mostly based on location, couldn't be happier with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.