Dog Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just because beretw posted his, I have to post mine too. :)

Nova's first car ride with us - Montana, US to Alberta, Canada. Sept 2012

Sept 2012

Sept 2012

Max in his Star Trek space coat, Dec 2011

They both get along well with the horse. Max is also rock solid with other dogs and cats. We haven't tried her yet, but not sure I'd trust Nova with cats. Canada day weekend, July 2011

Oct 2012

Ready for winter, Oct 2012

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks, so is yours :)
Maxie's green coat is Ruffwear's K9 overcoat (bought in 2010).
The purple is from a Vancouver company called rc pets. I think the model is called "Whistler zipline". We had a bit of trouble fitting Nova, but that one fits her big shoulders perfect.

·
Registered
829 Posts
we have a pit mix. she is sweet, friendly (sometimes overly so) to most dogs and all people, tolerant, mellow, cuddley, sensitive, eagar to please and be a part of whatever we are doing - laying on the couch or hiking a local trail - easy to train (mostly!lol) and easier to love(totally!) we have had minor issues but they have been fixed or managed with purely positive methods and weren't specific to her breed alone. sure, we get prejudiced comments and looks. sometimes i bother to correct them, sometimes i don't. when i don't, i do feel had for not being a good ambassador because, i swear, if they knew her then they would tyake her home onthe spot.

the majority of the dogs in our shelters are pits and pit mixes. the trainers tell me they are the ones that pass the temperament tests most often.

i agree wholeheartedly with the advice to wait a bit and when you are totally sure you (and your other dog) are ready, go forth and adopt but pick the dog based on the personality and your own version of a temperament test. no rushing based on pity and cute faces.:)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts