Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never would have thought that this kind of place exists near me...

We were driving around and just passed by a place called "Dreamy Puppy" with subtext of 'puppies & supplies'. I looked up a website for them, hoping it wasn't what I thought... and now I'm nauseated (of course that could just be the bumpy car ride, but I think not).

Puppies of various breeds and mixes kept in small glass compartments in a wall... from toy Maltipoos to Boxer pups... everything over $1100 and definitely all from puppy mills. I'm sickened by these places. It really makes me angry...

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@revolutionrocknroll Perhaps the only thing that didn't make me angry when I wrked at a Petsmart in high school was that we had a HUGE filtration system behind all the tanks that was constantly running and replacing old water with new water, almost like a mechanical drip filtration system. I still didn't enjoy my job though.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@wideturn - I actually within recent weeks relocated here from Germantown area and I know EXACTLY what place you're talking about (I believe they have two locations: Rockville and Towson). It boggles my mind how these places even exist still... I get angry whenever I see a Marshall's ferret in a generic pet store.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@pfreeman885
I don't believe I have ever been in a Petsmart that actually directly sold dogs or cats. Of course, I don't remember too much from my childhood anyway... so it depends on what time period you're talking about. Many still do cat adoptions (basically an in-store shelter/rescue; the one I used to work at once had a cardboard box of kittens dumped at the front door before opening one morning). They also have adoption events for cats and dogs, so you'll see a bunch of dogs available for adoption with their handlers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.