Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work from home 4 days a week, so I'd be around and able to spend time with a dog on most days. But the one day a week I go into the office, I'm gone for about 12 hours, sometimes more (if I run errands or go out after work). If I were to get a small dog, and litter box train it, would this be ok for the day I'm gone for so long? Or is a dog just out of the question for my schedule? Also, are there particular breeds that would be more ok with being left alone for a whole day like that, or breeds that I should stay away from?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Can you get someone to take the dog for a walk, preferably twice, during that day? That would be ideal.

What about getting an adult rescue? There's tons of dogs that need homes, of all breeds and sizes that would be fine with one day a week alone (again, preferably with a walker coming in once or twice). You can also buy adults from breeders.

Reactions: Dia

·
Registered
906 Posts
What Amaryllis said. You are home most of the time, so one day alone shouldn't hurt the dog, but if you could get someone to help on the days you are working, that would be ideal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts