Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new here. Created this account a few minutes ago because after dinner I looked at my dogs eye and saw the White thing in the picture. Her pupils have been looking blue/Grey for a few months now but I have never seen that. Please, if you have any idea what that could be, tell me. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
She's 10, but could cataracts cause the white thing outside her pupil? Thank you so much for answering.
I don't think so but regardless of what I think you still need see a vet. If it's anything serious you don't want to get medical advice about your dog from strangers on the internet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with dogslife, still see your vet. It may be something foreign that slid under the eyelid or some condition that changed color. Best to get your little one's eye checked and prevent a possible further damage of the eye by ignoring it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It might just be some dirt the eye is trying to shed/clear out, but I am worried that it is so large. Perhaps she damaged her cornea? It could be parts of the cornea that was shed off. It might be a good idea to have the vet take a quick look just to make sure, since eyes are pretty important. Rather safe than sorry?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts