Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Their oddities

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  annageckos 
#1 ·
What are your dogs oddities and quirks? My collie loves to lie down on the floor and grab food from her bowl piece by piece. She's quite the Lazy one. :D She has her favorite place on the floor of my bedroom where she likes to rest. She loves to lie on the windowsill so she can watch what's going on outdoors. My MinPin has his favorite couch which he always uses for sleeping. :D

#5 ·
Dexter likes to aim his urine stream directly at his front elbow. But if he steps in poo he will limp until its gone.
I had a rug near my bed and he used to come in running, leap onto the rug, slide about 4 feet across the floor, and leap onto the bed just before it crashed. Sometimes I'd come into the bedroom and see the rug pushed right up against the bed and he'd look at me so innocent

#6 ·
Stella loves to drink flowing water--from a hose, tap, pouring out of a bottle, and even spraying water in her mouth from a spray bottle! It's adorable.

She also has another silly water habit. When she takes a water break from playing frisbee she always rests the frisbee against the side of the bowl when she drinks. =P It's quite cute.

Tyrion does this weird thing where if you make a circle by touching your fingers to your thumb he will stick his snout into it and then get upset like it's stuck and pull it out like you just insulted him.

He also has a face that sometimes just looks like he's smirking or shooting you a disapproving look. It's quite funny.

Reactions: ColliesRock
#7 ·
Freyja likes to sit in laps. She will turn and back up then plop down with her butt on your lap. She'll sometimes sit that way for a half an hour. She also rest her big head on my arm, sometimes causing my arm to start to fall asleep. Outside the front door I have a small box with toys in it. When anyone comes in they give her a toy, she then runs around the house whining. If you don't have a toy for her she will try to take whatever is in your hand. If you have nothing she will grab one of her toys, but is much more excited if you give her something. She also likes to bring me mail, my BF will give her a piece when he checks the mail and she'll run it up to me. She is nuts about the hose, loves playing with it when it's on. She can change the settings with her paws. She won't swim however, but loves splashing in shallow water.

Shorty is very pushy. If he wants something he'll nose your hand and keep doing it till he gets what he wants, which is normally to be pet. He likes to play 'foot'. He goes into a play bow and paws near my foot, woofing and wagging. I'll tap his foot and he'll bounce around and then start with the bow again.

Vegas calls everyone to dinner. Once the table is set he'll bark until everyone is sitting. He also 'sings' happy birthday. Vegas has his 'own' room. My BF, I and his parents all live together. So Vegas sleeps with his 'grandmom' as they like to say. He gets half of a king size bed and is tucked in every night. He also sleeps in til 10am. If he has to go out early he comes back and stands by the bedroom door, staring intently at the door knob until someone lets him back in. If he is ready to get up he'll let out one deep woof. He also is crazy over coffee, which he only gets once in a while as a treat. Only a few licks. If he can steal some coffee he will not drink it all, but take about half. For a while I thought my BF was just really messy with his coffee til I caught Vegas drinking from the cup.

#9 ·
If Echo gets wet, even the smallest bit, she will dry off in any way she can. She runs around skidding on her shoulder, on carpet, grass, her bed, my bed, anything she can reach. She looks like a spazzy crazy dog having seizures.
Probably her weirdest thing is she hates a particular kind of grass. It's a longer, thick, patchy kind of grass and she will not walk through it for anything in the world. If you see her trotting around our yard, she zig zags and looks like a drunkard.

Chess has more oddities that I can even begin to list. She screams bloody murder for a variety of reasons, such as if anyone or anything(human, animals, rock, stick) goes towards a body of water or a fire. Or also if any dogs play with humans or each other because she thinks it's a fight and it needs to be stopped.
She's scared of trash bags, drawers opening, the vacuum, reclining chairs, opening a box. But will attack any animal no matter the size and doesn't blink at tractors, mowers, cars, combines, fireworks, gunshots.

Reese is strange a lot of the time, but I can't think of anything specific at the moment.

#10 ·
Molly knows how to tell time....everyday at exactly 3:30 she goes to my mobility scooter and sits on it waiting for me..........but also part of the 'ritual' is she goes to her bowls and get a drink and a mouthful of food which she carries back to the scooter to eat while I get myself ready to go!
She also does the mouthful of kibble one-at- a-time thing.

Another funny quirk is that when company comes she will get really excited and will run to her treat basket (where I throw her half eaten bullies, bones and ears) and get a bully stick or buffalo ear and offer it to the guest....if they hesitate in taking her stinky offering she'll put it in their lap!!! Never a toy, always a chewie!

#11 ·
Zody will chew on his Himalayan Chew for a little bit then will stop chewing it and stare at me until I try to grab it, he'll snatch it back, act all proud of himself then chew on it for a minute or two. He'll then start the staring business all over again and wait for me to try and grab the chew again.

He LOVES car rides and has now figured out he can con my friends into giving him a ride if he pesters them enough. He's always hopeful but if they have their keys out it's 100x worse and he's convinced that they are going to give him a ride. He'll sit by them, try and get on their lap, act pitiful, stare in the direction of the keys or the car if we are outside, and just not leave them alone. I'm convinced that if the dog catcher dangled keys at him and asked if he wanted to go for a ride he'd go with them!

He's convinced that if he goes for a walk, he should be fed when he comes back in. I now have to save a bit of his kibble just for that.

He has a "girlfriend", it's name is Cheetah Dog. Cheetah Dog is a small pillow that is red on the bottom, cheetah print on the top, and has a dog's head at one end, it also has a squeaker. He loves to hump Cheetah Dog, and if he really gets going Cheetah Dog starts squeaking. Luckily it's the only thing he ever humps, not so luckily he's not shy about humping it and will do so if I have my friends over and have not put it up out of reach.

#12 ·
Dexter learns by example. He didn't use his dog bed for months. Then I gave up on that and used it as a pillow one day.
Amo like ear massages. If you can get both ears he could be in crazy nippy mode and just melt to the floor.
When Amo feels threatened or doesn't want to do what I'm telling him, he will go completely limp and let his body weight work for him, as I'm trying to get a 45lb puppy to stand up and walk into another room without hurting him

#13 ·
Tessa must have all her squeaky balls inside before going to bed. MUST. She will travel our entire yard until all of them are "safe". If one has gone missing she will go to a human and whine - as if asking "have you seen my ball?". If she's bored she will push them with her paws under the sofa a whine/bark until a human gets them for her, and then repeats.

She knows the sound of the toaster and when she hears it, no matter where she is, she comes running and will sit and bark when it "pops". I'm assuming that someone in the house has been giving her the crusts...:rolleyes:

She doesn't swim, no matter how many times I tell her she 1/3 labrador lol. Instead, when we go to the lake, she prefers to lounge ashore on the lounge chairs, and I mean lounge. She will lay completely on her back with her legs wide open - very lady like lol. Or, if she's hot, she will wade up to her chest and just stand there but only if she has her life jacket on (yes my lab mix has to wear a life jacket to feel safe around water lol).

There was one time all the dogs were playing with a stick in the shallow end and then the tide started taking it out to the middle. Poor Tessa stood there whining at the stick to come back instead of swimming out to get it. Luckily her friend Koda went out and got it back for her lol.

She also takes a guardian role for our veggies and fruits that we grow in the garden, we like to call them her babies. The second something sprouts she's out there checking in on each one of them. She gets very upset if rabbits or birds have taken their share (I plant enough just in case ;)). Last year we grew huge spaghetti squash, and when we harvested them and brought them inside, Tessa stood guard in the kitchen.

#15 ·
Freyja will give me her chewies when she is done with them or doesn't want them. If I don't take them from her when she offers them she'll drop them in my lap. Sometimes she will also come into the room and give me a toy, then walk away. She doesn't like when certain people play with her toys, namely my BF's dad. He'll try to get her to play by moving a toy around. If she is tired or just not in the mood she'll walk up to him and take the toy then place it in another room. She then goes back to sleep. She seems to go though fazes with favorite toys. Some of her favorites are not dog toys, but stuffed toys with push buttons that talk or make noises. She knows how to push a button on a Scooby Doo toy and has a chicken that chirps that she likes to sleep with. The other day she placed the chicken on my desk and walked away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.