Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

Last year I adopted a wonderful girl, Holly, from my local shelter. When we got her she was just a pup. The only information the shelter had was that her and her siblings were brought up North from an overcrowded shelter in Mississippi.

While filling out paperwork, the woman said she needed to put down breed, and said she was just going to put in Lab/Pit mix. That seemed likely, but now that Holly is fully grown (and we've met several people at dog parks who have confirmed Black Lab/Pitbull mixes) I question it because Holly is quite small compared to every Lab/Pit Mix I've met. She is long and lean, but not too tall. She has a lovely personality- adores children, is very playful, loves to run (and run, and run). Also ALWAYS has to have something in her mouth. When she is not outside and in the house, she walks around with one of her many stuffed animals in her mouth 24/7 (which I've read is common with labs).

Do you agree with the lab/pit mix, or have any other ideas? Thank you SO much for your input! -Elle (and Holly) :)

A Young Holly:

Holly Now (Grown):

Attachments

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Sure - pit x Lab? Definite possibility / probability.

Lab x Pibble wouldn't surprise me at all - her ears in particular, as they're near-rose ears when laid back.

Size is very variable in mixes, & her parents may well have been mixes [Lab-X & Pit-X], so heaven knows what else might be behind her. :D
Pittie-Fs can be 30 to 35#, so if her dam was the pit/pit-X, smaller dams tend to mean the pups won't reach the larger sire's size, as adults.

she's a cutie, that's obvious! :thumbsup: I think U lucked out, she looks sweet & fun-loving.
- terry

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I also think Lab/Pit is a very real possibility. She's absolutely adorable, what a sweet pup :) I had a Lab/BC mix that I adopted, also named Holly. She's since passed, but your girl reminds me a bit of her - they have the same gentle look in their eyes.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts