Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this product? Opinions?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it looked neat too. I've had people tell me that a Dremel tool will work just as effectively and is cheaper, but if anyone has tried it and what their take is on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
never tried it but REALLLLY want to since I hate cutting my dogs nails (I'm afraid I'll get his Quik...I believe that's how it's spelled).
I've heard no feed back on it, but we do have ALOT of costumers come in the pet store that I work at asking for it...sadly we don't carry it so no feed back is available to me.
Peticure Petite
Below on that page is a review from a costumer. Of course they won't put negative comments up, but I thought I would share

·
Registered
40 Posts
Never seen it or heard about it, but it sounds cool. :) My Mom trims our dog's nails, & does fine. Although sometimes he gets a bit annoyed, haha!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I just have a dremmel with two speeds. my dog hates having her nails clipped and took to the dremmel with a bit of training better. you can get closer to the quick and often the dog kinda lets you know if you are too close cus it seems to tickle. especially cus my dog has black nails i like using the dremmel. the stuff to me on tv looks a tad complicated to use to me cus of the guards around the dremmel-like part but i have not personally tried the ones advertised on tv so i couldn't give any opinion on it.

~MSE

·
Registered
620 Posts
I bought one when they first came out and were $60. I just KNEW it was the answer. NOT.

I have shelties. I would do nothing but work on their nails. Terribly slow. So slow that you really couldn't see any progress at all. Made us all nuts. I gave it to my sister in law and her 3 lb. yorkie. Might work for them.

I'd stick with the Dremel if it works.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I have it!!!

It's *OK* -the animals surprisingly don't mind it-the vibrations or the noise. Even the bunnies. They like it better then clippers.

the 'guard' that's on it-useless, I removed it.

It finally died and I replaced it with a real nail dremmel. It's wonderful-I'm never using clippers again!! It plugs in, I don't have to change batteries, and it works better-has more settings.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have to admit that since mine is the cordless I have to charge it up every time, that is kinda the downside, but for me it works nice cus my dog has a tendency to move or pull away sometimes and I don't want her or me to get tangled in the wire if she wiggles around.

~MSE

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
^^ Thats why I got a better one. They work much better. The peticure or pedipaw are like a kids version of a nail dremmel. They take a long time to wear down even a small amount of nail
The real ones are way better :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have half a dozen friends that got or used them (they work for pet stores so had cheap access) and found that they are slow and get HOT. IF a dog tolerates the vibration and noise and doesn't have hair that will get tangled in the spinning head....use a dremel. Cheaper, more useful and not haveing a cover/guard it doesn't get as hot as fast.

I do use a grinder on some dogs whose owners have terrified them of clippers (people who do not tolerate the noise of nails on their floors) and it seems to be fifty fifty whether they tolerate it over a clipper.

Generally I clip and use the dremel to take off edges. Best of everything.

PS I have a boarding kennel and do some grooming.....6-10 dogs a week grooming.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
i sometimes clip a tad off the nail then dremmel too, but emmy hates the nail clippers, but sometimes her nails are too long, and thick, so if i don't it takes forever.

~MSE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts