Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOHOO!!!
I am SO HAPPY to see that this woman is being investigated! I first heard the story of the dog with it's duck taped muzzle a day or two ago. I even went on the woman's FB page (nosey I guess) and she wrote that after she took the tape off the dog stopped barking, and basically, that it had learned it's lesson. I signed two petitions that I saw, and hope that it helped. I hope she is no longer able to have a dog! DISGUSTING! If you can't handle barking get the dog trained or just DONT GET A DOG!

Photo of dog with muzzle taped shut prompts hundreds of calls to police | Local News - WMTW Home

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
I saw this all over place. I'm actually a little concerned about the safety of that lady considering the way people are getting involved with this on social media. Either she's an idiot for posting it or she's doing it for attention. The world would've been none the wiser had she not posted it. If she did it for attention, well, everyone is encouraging such behavior by sharing it and giving her exactly what she wanted. I will not share it on FB. Let law enforcement do their job please.

It's very possible for hackers to make it look like a person has posted something on FB when they have not. A person could edit any photo of a dog to make it look like anyone did this to their dog with programs like Photoshop. A person with a grudge could easily get the whole world to go after someone that didn't do anything and it may happen one of these days.

·
Registered
69 Posts
IMO there is no context in a photo. I think one the biggest problems with humans in general is everyone is so worried about what everyone else is doing instead of minding their own business. That's how really bad laws get passed. People wanting to control others lives as if their own were perfect.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think of it like that.
I just hope whatever is going on that the dog and woman are okay. (I also never repost the stuff on Facebook). I try to keep my Facebook on a more positive note. I so hope that if she actually did it she is reprimanded.

An animal abuser and hoarder down the road from me was caught... And the court allowed him to keep a dog. He shouldn't have any. X/

·
Registered
12 Posts
They charged her with misdemeanor charge of cruelty to animals. Which I think is fair, She is being absolutely slaughtered online for it, and many people will remember her for a long time for that. Her picture is there for all to see. So The charge along with the bad media attention I think is fitting. They tried to take the pup away from her, but he was healthy and had no marks on him.

Here's a quote from an article

"Lemansky admitting taping the chocolate Labrador's mouth shut in an incident that created an uproar on social media Friday, police said. She could face up to 150 days in jail and a fine if she's convicted."

Link

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I saw a dog that had this same thing happen a while back but the tape was on so tight that after just a day or two it had disfigured the dogs face and caused serious damage :( Luckily the man who did it was arrested.

Warning: really upsetting pictures! But a happy ending with sweet videos :)

Sweet Dog Found With Duct Tape Around Her Mouth Makes Amazing Recovery

Its so disgusting how some people treat animals. Cosmo can be very vocal but he's a dog! Dog's bark! If you can't handle some noise or some hair then get a fish!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Also IMO regardless of whether she did it for attention or what have you, it was wrong and actions have consequences. I wouldn't even think about duct taping Cosmo's mouth shut even if it was for half a second for a "funny" picture. Duct taping a dogs mouth shut is a cruel tactic and it appears she did it to get the dog to stop barking and "learn his lesson" as she put it. The dog won't learn its lesson about barking, it will learn that its owner is mean and seals its mouth closed sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts