Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get my mail and discovered really good coupons for dog food and treats and got excited. Then I turned and to my dog and told him about it, expecting, I guess, that he would also be excited (he wasn't, though if I'd said the word "treats," he probably would have been). Then I wondered if maybe I should get out more.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went to get my mail and discovered really good coupons for dog food and treats and got excited. Then I turned and to my dog and told him about it, expecting, I guess, that he would also be excited (he wasn't, though if I'd said the word "treats," he probably would have been). Then I wondered if maybe I should get out more.....
lol , iknow im like that to im more excited about the new toy I bought for my dog (flirt pole) then he was :eek: my dog had a talking pepperoni toy and I played with it more then he did :eek:.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I am willing to spend more on my dogs stuff then I am willing to pay for my own stuff. I will spend $40 on a harness or coat for him but flat out refuse to spend that much on clothing for myself... I'll spend $16 on Himalayan Chews for him, but am unwilling to spend so much on a treat for myself.

I went to a friends house yesterday for dinner and after telling them hi I went and played with their dog, at least there were other people there LOL.

I tend to remember a person's dog's name before I remember theirs.

My house is set up for the comfort and safety of my dog. I have an exercise fence around my front door so he can't door dash. I have pet steps by the couch, and a ramp by my bed, so that he does not hurt his back. My living room is decorated with two dog beds, a blanket, and numerous dog toys.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
lol I was considering making this thread for awhile. This is going to be my new favorite thread.

I get more excited by Petco (and other pet store) sales then anyone else I know

Petstores and even the dog section of Walmart is dangerous territory since I find a hole bunch of stuff I want to get for the fluffy buts

When since elementary school all of the papers and projects I could decide the topic on were about dogs

If theres a dog out side I spot it before I spot/really look at the people

If I go over some ones house and they have a dog I spend more time hanging out and playing with the dog, though it depends on the person and or how close I am to them

I enjoy making ice cubes and kongs for my dogs even if the mixes do look at little gross sometimes :p

The first and last thing I do everyday is take the dogs out to go to the bathroom

I talk to my dog and they have very weird nicknames

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment

I want just about every dog I see and if I had my way I probably end up with a hundred dogs :p

·
Registered
911 Posts
My dogs eat better than I do. When I go shopping I'll be loading meats onto the checkout belt for the dogs but my BF gets a box of frozen waffles.
Freyja has insane amount of toys, she gets a new toy about weekly. The boys don't play with toys.
I have well over 5000 photos, with probably 75% of them the dogs.
I sit on the edge of the couch and normally have at least two dogs around me. My BF gets to sit in one of those canvas camping chairs or the floor.
There are doggy beds, blankets and pillows scattered around the house.
I'm always trying to find new things to do and places to go with the dogs. If I see a new park with trails I always check it out to see if the dogs would like to walk there.
I can't get up without at least one dog following me, and I like it. Until I turn around and trip over said dog.
I remember dog's names before people's names or faces.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I have well over 5000 photos, with probably 75% of them the dogs.
That's a good one, I don't have 500 but I deffinitly have way to many for my own good lol

The other couple I forgot to add is that I have 5 dog beds for 2 dogs

I know have a leash collection

·
Registered
502 Posts
Chess' picture folder is almost 6,000, Echo's is almost 5,000, and Reese's is almost 1,000. Haha it's insane!!

I for sure spend more on their food then mine and don't think twice. I get more excited over buying them things then I do for myself most of the time. Chess has 28 tennis balls and Echo has more chew toys then I can count.

The only pictures on my walls are of my dogs, and 95% of pictures of me are with my dogs.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
For me that moment was when I was telling a group of friends about my dog. I said my dog's short snout and flat nose were the perfect spots to kiss and was met with horrified looks from just about everyone at the table... I don't really hang out with them anymore...

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
I guess I must really be crazy considering I don't even own a dog at this time, just foster pregnant dogs, as you all know. Here it goes anyway, lol!

I have more photos of dogs on my computer than any other media, document, etc.

Every store I go to I like to browse the pet section just because it makes me happy, and I could probably spend hours just wandering around a pet store.

I have a whole closet just for all the dog stuff that I am not using, plus a whelping kennel and connecting outdoor run built into my kitchen.

There's a dog bed and water bowl permanently stationed in my living room and when I have a foster it's normal to see beds, dog crates, bowls, and toys all over the house, plus an island in the kitchen is dedicated to preparing food for the pups once they are to that age.

I spend more time thinking, and worrying about their needs then I ever do my own.

Whenever I look at something I'm thinking of ways it could be used for the dogs.

Every single dog I see, no matter where, I am always pointing it out to my family and telling them the breed or what mix it might be.

I know pretty much every dog in my neighborhood by name and if anyone is missing their dog they always ask me if I've seen it.

I have at least 20 dog collars and leashes running around my house and own at least 5 harnesses.

Every dog and puppy that comes through my door I have a special voice for, (I honestly didn't try doing this, it just happened, lol) and each dog ends up with a nickname long before they leave.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure more craziness will dawn on me before long!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just spent about an hour choosing a DF avatar of my dog and obsessively resizing/fiddling with it to get it decently in focus... somehow I have no trouble justifying this as a healthy use of my time. Yet my thinking regarding my graduation announcements is "They don't REALLY have to have my picture, do they?"

·
Registered
911 Posts
I sometimes have to stop myself from saying "leave it" (in my dog-training voice) to the little kids I work with. So far I have managed to restrain myself...
I do that to my BF sometimes, though normally it's 'stay' or 'wait'. I have called him and said 'here' and pointed, which is one way I call the dogs. All in the same voice I use for the dogs. Luckily he takes it all in stride. I don't even do it on purpose, normally.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Our little guy is really deprived in comparison. He has 2 toys, small squeak ball and a canvas beaver. Really doesn't play with them alone, but when GF walks in the door he grabs one or the other and heads for the bed for a tug of war. Loves to hear himself growl.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, now I feel less odd for the following:

1)I got an I-phone specifically to take photos of my dog and other dogs on TDI visits. I rarely use it as an actual phone, but it's filled with what are probably hundreds of photos of dogs, mostly my own, at this point (I've never actually looked at the actual count, and I'd really rather not).

2)For the last fifteen years, my Christmas card has been a photo of my dog. I am rarely in it. Worse, I actually have a friend who's a professional photographer whom I hire to do photo shoots for the Christmas card, and the dog (first the one prior to this one, and once he passed, my current dog) write the Christmas letter. Since the letter started being written from the dog's perspective, my Christmas card list has ballooned from around 35 to around 75.

3)I'm terrible with names unless they are attached to dogs.

4)By reflex, I once called a straying crawling child as if he were a dog (it worked, by the way--kid came straight to me and I was able to scoop him up for the parents before he got any further).

5)I don't just talk to my dog. I occasionally sing to my dog. And I sometimes change the words to suit him.

6)My dog both gives and gets presents.

7)My obsession seems to be contagious. Multiple people at work, some who don't even have dogs themselves, buy treats and keep them in their desks for him. People who don't know my name, know my dog's name. I was once identified at work as "the one with the dog," even though many people there have dogs and have even brought the to work with them. Oh, there are also neighbors who have treats on hand for my dog, though the majority of them also have dogs of their own. My dog has also received gifts in the mail on his "gotcha day," since I don't know his actual birthday (he was a stray adopted from a shelter).

8)I have sometimes had to check my dog's therapy dog schedule before committing to invitations elsewhere. If I have to go out of town, and he can't come with me, I make petsitter arrangements before I make plane reservations. And if I weren't sure I had a reliable sitter for him, I wouldn't go. I also always call home to check on him while I'm out of town.

·
Registered
499 Posts
* 99 % of the photos with mammals in my phone feature my dog
* There is often a stray ball, leash, collar, clicker or vaccination documentation in my bag
* What dog hair? I don't see any...
* I know your dog's name but I have no idea what is yours. Likely you know as much about me...
* I tell my bag or other possessions to stay while I take an errand. I may also give them other commands although I don't expect them to obey - or they would do exactly as I say anyways.
* I had a second of confusion after eating an apple when I moved on my own and did not have a dog yet. What to do with the core? Leftovers? What crumbles on the floor? At my parents' place I usually had a shadow that ate those.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
If I go for a walk without Zody people will ask where he is and if he's O.K..

Reactions: CadenceDiscordia

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been asked, "Where's the dog?" at work, at the grocery store, and at my polling place (so now I just bring him when I vote--it's on our walk route anyway, and I don't choose a busy time, so generally speaking, there's not more than four people there anyway--seven, if you count the people running th polling place).

·
Registered
262 Posts
lol I was considering making this thread for awhile. This is going to be my new favorite thread.

I talk to my dog and they have very weird nicknames

I want just about every dog I see and if I had my way I probably end up with a hundred dogs :p
Lol I can relate to this so much! Some of my dog's nicknames:
broder boat (His name is Brody), my caramel cream, muppet, booger, boogs, shark monster, bagel, burger-mutt, Brody Betteker, bro bro...

and my boyfriend loves to make fun of the way I talk to my dog - I will never live down the time my boyfriend happened to hear me get into bed, turn on the TV, and casually ask my dog what he wanted to watch.

and every morning it's funny to me and never gets old, I'll tell my dog to go make me some coffee. (if only...)

also just started working at a dog kennel/daycare/grooming facility and I definitely want every dog I see. My first day I saw a greyhound in person for the first time ever and was in total awe. What gorgeous creatures!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.