Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 5 year old golden retriever, not neutered. He had recently developed a skin fungus which. The local vet gave him some balm to apply. I applied some in the scrotum area because i saw some fungus there. This was Tuesday. By today the dogs scrotum had swollen up quite a bit and he is in discomfort. I took him to the vet again and she said it might be an allergic reaction to the fungal cream. they did some blood test and there was nothing found there also. So he's been given some form of anti allegry/ anti-inflammation pill

i'm a little worried if this will not go away and the poor fella has to be neutered. Has anyone had any experience with these type of illnesses and what is the prognosis.

regards
Shan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

I have a 5 year old golden retriever, not neutered. He had recently developed a skin fungus which. The local vet gave him some balm to apply. I applied some in the scrotum area because i saw some fungus there. This was Tuesday. By today the dogs scrotum had swollen up quite a bit and he is in discomfort. I took him to the vet again and she said it might be an allergic reaction to the fungal cream. they did some blood test and there was nothing found there also. So he's been given some form of anti allegry/ anti-inflammation pill

i'm a little worried if this will not go away and the poor fella has to be neutered. Has anyone had any experience with these type of illnesses and what is the prognosis.

regards
Shan
I think it is great that you haven't neutered your dog. I am in some holistic groups on Facebook and they talk about just getting a vasectomy instead of removing the testies. Well since you have done the tests that means that it isn't anything too serious like cancer. Our Daisy suffers from allergies and anxiety. We use cannabis oil for inflammation and as a soothing medicine. She loves it. As soon as we take out her bottle of Unwind and Restore she is focused on me as if I had a treat in my head. It works really well and I recommend researching on your own. We have her on a raw diet as well and feed her turmeric, ginger, and sardines. Her protein is beef, turkey, and liver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts