Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 9 month old female Mini Australian Shepherd. She loves people and other dogs and is very sweet and a quick learner.

However, she has a barking issue. When I am at home, she will bark excessively if the mailman comes or if someone comes to the door or even walks past the door. When we go for a walk around the neighborhood or go outside to potty, she barks like crazy at people and other dogs. She even barks at the neighbors and their dogs and she knows them really well!

When we go to the dog park, pet store, or anywhere that is not my neighborhood, she is fine! Never barks, plays well, and greets people and dogs calmly.

Some barking is good, but the loud, howling, piercing, long barking has got to go! Any help or advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello,

I have a 9 month old female Mini Australian Shepherd. She loves people and other dogs and is very sweet and a quick learner.

However, she has a barking issue. When I am at home, she will bark excessively if the mailman comes or if someone comes to the door or even walks past the door. When we go for a walk around the neighborhood or go outside to potty, she barks like crazy at people and other dogs. She even barks at the neighbors and their dogs and she knows them really well!

When we go to the dog park, pet store, or anywhere that is not my neighborhood, she is fine! Never barks, plays well, and greets people and dogs calmly.

Some barking is good, but the loud, howling, piercing, long barking has got to go! Any help or advice would be appreciated!
My dog does the same thing and she is 2.7 years old! She barks occasionally when she hears a car outside and she definitely barks when I or my partner pull into the drive way because she is so excited.

I would love to also hear anyones thoughts/opinions on this subject as well!

Kerri

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.