Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is Toby (also known as Tobes Magobes). We rescued him when he was 5 weeks old from a lady with a crate of puppies on the corner of the street my sister lives on. It was about 110 degrees outside and she had 6 puppies in a tiny crate, no water, no shade. She told us he was a terrier mix. I've only seen Toby's mama dog once, her owner was walking her outside. She was a taller breed, but I don't know much about terriers so it's hard to say. My guess based on his appearance is Jack Russel Terrier.

Any idea what his other half could be? My guess is his daddy was a stray; this I gather only from the owner's disgust and surprise with the puppies' existence. Pomeranian has been suggested, but his hair is pretty short, so I don't know about that.

He's currently 5.5 months old, 15 lbs at his last vet visit (last week), short hair. He is black with brown specks on his legs and behind his ears.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Looks like a total Heinz 57, so much so I can't pick out a single breed. He sure is cute!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
305 Posts

This is Toby (also known as Tobes Magobes). We rescued him when he was 5 weeks old from a lady with a crate of puppies on the corner of the street my sister lives on. It was about 110 degrees outside and she had 6 puppies in a tiny crate, no water, no shade. She told us he was a terrier mix. I've only seen Toby's mama dog once, her owner was walking her outside. She was a taller breed, but I don't know much about terriers so it's hard to say. My guess based on his appearance is Jack Russel Terrier.

Any idea what his other half could be? My guess is his daddy was a stray; this I gather only from the owner's disgust and surprise with the puppies' existence. Pomeranian has been suggested, but his hair is pretty short, so I don't know about that.

He's currently 5.5 months old, 15 lbs at his last vet visit (last week), short hair. He is black with brown specks on his legs and behind his ears.

Looks like a jack russel terrier and a black lab.:ponder:

The average dog is nicer than the average person.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
My first thoughts were black lab too, but then I read how small he is 5.5 months and only 15 pounds. (but still growing) Sorry, not much help, but he is very handsome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first thoughts were black lab too, but then I read how small he is 5.5 months and only 15 pounds. (but still growing) Sorry, not much help, but he is very handsome.
Yeah, we thought he was a lab mix at first, especially since there's one that lives down the street from the lady we got him from. No idea if that guy is neutered or not, but he is an escape artist. We came to the conclusion that Toby is probably not a lab though cause he's so small. :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts