Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here's my dilemma:
Tucker loves playing fetch with tennis balls and only tennis balls (they have to have the fuzz or he won't play with them). However, I've gone from tennis tennis balls to dog tennis balls to chuck it tennis balls. We've gone through one of each in one week before they're destroyed. He ends up splitting the rubber on the inside from catching and playing (think of a cat with a yarn ball) with it. I always take them up when we go inside because he'll end up ripping it to shreds and placing a brand new dirt stain in the carpet. Once the rubber is split the fabric doesn't seem to hold up well and it soon falls apart.
I'm currently trying Kong tennis balls, but does anyone know of any other products that might work in case these don't?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
We have some heavy rubber balls that hold up really well, but they're not fuzzy and are really heavy so can be harder to catch. I've yet to find a fuzzy ball that is indestructible (though my dog isn't terribly hard on his toys, generally).

Have you looked into buying tennis balls in bulk? You'll end up with a lot and will still go through them, but it may save you money in the long run.

As for brands, I looooove Chuckit items and Kong is obviously strong as well.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I don't want to guess how much money I've spent over the years on tennis balls. My current ball retrieving dogs will only accept Kong tennis balls that squeak. If they stop squeaking because the dogs killed the squeaker the ball is worthless. I wish I had purchased stock in the company. Maybe a good time to do so while the market is so low...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Tessa lurves her kong squeaky balls, it's to a point that I think she has a problem. They aren't indestructible though, Tessa has successful split many of them in half from over use. I really can't think of a more durable option.

Reactions: Grabby

·
Registered
515 Posts
Kong squeaky balls are a favorite over here too! I get about 3-5 of those a month and only use them when I have a chance at getting them back lol so usually when the park isn't too crowded. I just buy the cheap 80 cent ones and buy about 5 every other week. Between them getting lost, stolen, broken and sinking we go through a lot so buying in bulk is best.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Pax destroys balls and toys. We have our fetch/play toys and he has his chew toys. The fetch and play toys are out of sight out of mind when I am not there to supervise him.

Don't leave the tennis balls around as chew toys once you are done fetch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.