Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I've had my two 1.5 year old satos since they were babies, and housetraining them wasn't easy, especially my boy Rico. It looks like we MAY be getting a tropical storm/hurricane next week. It's still pretty far away, and may not even hit the island. But I'm looking for ideas on how to help the babies go potty inside if it does head this way and stays for awhile, without undoing all our hard work! I'm leaning toward maybe picking up some puppy pads, and I'm open to any input on that or any other ideas. It was never an issue for past storms and bad weather with our Ginger, since she had an iron bladder and could hold it until the storm passed. But she's much older now, so she might have difficulty holding now anyway. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
What I've always done is gone out with my dogs during a lull in the storm for a fast as possible potty break.

I will also put out a puppy pad and hope that he'll use it but he never does. Other then that I'll just clean up any accidents that may happen with an enzyme cleaner. I try my best to have him not have an accident in the house.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Unfortunately, a housetrained dog won't immediately take to going inside because of a storm. All you can do is take them out when you can and clean up any accidents that do happen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! If it heads this way, it'll definitely be an interesting experience for them and us. We've been in a major drought for awhile, and most days we don't have running water, so I'm hoping it drenches the island!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts