Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm currently looking into Field Spaniels as potentially being the breed of my next dog. I wanted to post here to hear everyone's experience with Field Spaniels!

I currently have a Border Collie. For my next dog, I'm wanting a dog that is a little less intense but that still has the drive to do various sports (dock diving, barn hunt, conformation, and lure coursing for sure, potentially others).

I have really loved everything I've read about Field Spaniels thus far. I haven't had the chance to meet them yet, but I'm working on that.

In the mean time, I would just really love to hear personal experiences.

So, tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly about Field Spaniels!

·
Registered
271 Posts
How exciting! Choosing your next dog is so much fun.

I have no personal experience with Field Spaniels, or even purebred Spaniels, but we own a Spaniel mix and have heard some things about spaniels. They are sweet, not too energetic, seem good with everyone (ours isn't aggressive with other animals or people, she is actually great with almost any animals). I can say that because of their long ears they are prone to some issues. Our poor girl has had chronic ear infections, has gone almost completely deaf, and has had a hematoma in her ear that needed treated. I've heard going deaf is fairly common in spaniels as they start getting older because of their ears.

Field Spaniels sure are beautiful! If you can find a good breeder, I think they would make a great dog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts