Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luna is my first indoor dog. Growing up we had dogs that stayed outside and other than making sure they had the proper shots we did not closely watch problems like teething.

Luna started to lose her first incisors about 2 weeks ago and they came out with no problems. Now she has a canine loose but it turned brown. I tried looking up online to know if this is normal and I found some posts that stated it was and others that said that I should be concerned. We are careful with dental chews and brushing her teeth but I want to check if loose teeth sometimes turn brown before they fall out. I understand that a browning tooth is essentially a "dying" tooth and it would make sense if her adult teeth are pushing up through.

Hoping someone on here can help me know what steps I should take if any.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've not had any teeth turn brown when my girl was a pup & loosing teeth, all white however if your dogs small- not sure what size yours is- its good to check they end up with the right number of teeth cz my girl had 4 retained baby teeth (the roots didnt dissolve)& had 2 have them surgically removed. She had 2 fangs on each side instead of 1 each side, another 1 overlapping a top tooth siting above it in the gum & 2 teeth growing out of the same hole at the front at the bottom going on diaganals, so 1 was poking into her lip & 1 was pointing back into her tongue. Has the brown tooth fallen out yet?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts