Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! my Bichon has horrible tear stains and I tried to clean them but they still. The vet prescribed eye drops and his eyes are better now, but still spotted.
What could I do?

I also have a Rat Terrier (he's black and white with light brown in his face) and he keeps clean for about a month, he doesn't even stink, he smells like his shampoo, but the Bichi gets dirty too fast, really dirty, it's like I haven't even cleaned him, Do I need a special shampoo?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You shouldn't need to change the shampoo just wash him 1-2 a week and as for the tear stains try some salt and water before using the special tear stain remover but when you do both dry the area very well to stop the spotting

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
My experience with our very white Poodle/Bischon mix, is the tear stains are diet related. She eats Science Diet, chicken, beef, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and apple. The chicken, a few small pieces added to her morning, meal, the carrots, 2 mini sliced, and two teaspoons of beef added to her afternoon meal, apple cut up pieces are treats, and the broccoli and cauliflower, she gets a little at our dinner time, so she leaves us alone. She has no tear stains, since she has been eating the above combinations. Once stained, though, you will have to wait for it to grow out and new hair replaces the stained.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts