Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, these are some pictures of my newest addition. He is from my last litter, out of Visa. :)

with his sheltie friends in the grooming shop

He has beautiful movement

With his friend, Pirate

Stacked on the table

Saying hello..

And playing in the clover..

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Omg beautiful..

I actually got to see my first two in person at a dog park...they never stopped moving.

Belgian Shepards come in different "varieties" correct? I must admit Im not used to seeing black. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the compliments!
Omg beautiful..

I actually got to see my first two in person at a dog park...they never stopped moving.

Belgian Shepards come in different "varieties" correct? I must admit Im not used to seeing black. :)
LOL they really do never stop moving!

Yes, they come in four different varieties. :) Mine are groenendael (longhaired black), then there's the longhaired coloured (tervuren), the shorthaired (malinois), and the wirehaired (laekenois). The AKC is the only registry in the world that actually split them up into seperate breeds (and discluded the leaken -- it isn't recognised by AKC) so in every other part of the world you can actually breed the varieties together, and pups are registered as whatever variety they turn out to be -- but in AKC, you can't breed them together, as then they would be considered mixed breeds. Kinda funny, but rather inconvenient for us Canadians -- up here intervariety breeding is commonly done -- but if our dogs are AKC registered, the offspring can't compete in the states!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Thanks guys for the compliments!

LOL they really do never stop moving!

Yes, they come in four different varieties. :) Mine are groenendael (longhaired black), then there's the longhaired coloured (tervuren), the shorthaired (malinois), and the wirehaired (laekenois). The AKC is the only registry in the world that actually split them up into seperate breeds (and discluded the leaken -- it isn't recognised by AKC) so in every other part of the world you can actually breed the varieties together, and pups are registered as whatever variety they turn out to be -- but in AKC, you can't breed them together, as then they would be considered mixed breeds. Kinda funny, but rather inconvenient for us Canadians -- up here intervariety breeding is commonly done -- but if our dogs are AKC registered, the offspring can't compete in the states!

Thank you for clearing that up...I've never been quite able to figure out what was going on with that. Now it makes sence.

The two I saw at the park were Tervuren...My husband wants a Mal sooooo bad...but I'd end up taking care of it...they are a bit drivey for me I think.. :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Beautiful!! His face is so sweet looking!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts