Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a crazy chatty dog? Levi gets this way if we stop petting him when he is in the mood for it. :p Also, please note that well-behaved BC in the back, just cheeewing her bone.

Levi Yells

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Buster is sooooooo vocal. When I come home from work he does a lot of huffing, sneezing, roo roo rooing and just loves to talk to you. Playing with other dogs he barks constantly, playfully of course, growling etc.

Pretty much constantly he's making noise haha even in his sleep! I'll try and get a video at some point, it's hilarious

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Tessa is very talkative when she wants something, like she wants to go for a walk, wants to be fed, wants attention. I get that it's a bit of demand barking but it's so darn cute.

She also sings, but only to Lorde's "On each others team" lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If I was to listen to that and close my eyes I would think it was Cosmo! He does the EXACT same thing and even sounds identical! That's so crazy!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
My roommates GSD talks like that all the time. When you pet her and when you stop.

Echo groans and moans if she wants petted and I'm ignoring her.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
hahaha hillarious.

Ella does that too. She will also resort to LOUD BARKING if she doesn`t get her way. Or when you tell her to stop doing something naughty.. or god forbid when you say "You can`t do that" - she`ll start yelling at you right away :D

It`s pretty :headbash: but also :lmao:

She also says "good morning" every morning... she will do a "downward dog" and growl/mumble/howl at me.

I love talking dogs :D

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Forbes is a noisy guy, but he doesn't make noises like that, he walks around crying. Which is obnoxious. Lol.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Jessie talks and gets very demanding and barks when she wants something in particular mostly her food or these days a walk. its really cute till she fed up and barks lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
What a cute video! My dog isn't chatty but very expressive with her body language and movements.

Some chattiness would be nice. She is for all intents and purposes a mute. I have never actually heard her growl...not even in play

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
What a cute video! My dog isn't chatty but very expressive with her body language and movements.

Some chattiness would be nice. She is for all intents and purposes a mute. I have never actually heard her growl...not even in play
not even when wanting a treat and impatient for the treat? Jess sure makes her displeasure known!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Rocky most certainly will let you know when he is not happy with you!! He barks, growls, whines and everything in between! Lol He is most vocal at the dog park which gets us in trouble sometimes because people take it as aggression even though he's just playing. He also barks at me when we play fetch and I don't throw the ball fast enough. I find it cute and talk back to him.

I was amused one day when a lady tried to train him not to bark and informed me I shouldn't allow him to do that since its him trying to be the "boss". I have no issue with it so it was kind of comical watching her and seeing rocky turn and look at me all like " why won't this crazy lady just throw the ball already?".

He also does this thing where he will lay there and act like he asleep but as soon as you walk by he gives one pound sharp bark. It makes me jump and scream every time!! He will then lay there looking at you with this smug look. All hehe got ya!!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Tully's very chatty. He's also something of a mimic. He's imitated sounds I've made while vocalizing, for instance, and his groomer said that once she stood back to get a look at whether his ears were even or not and said, "Hmmm...." to herself. He then imitated her "hmm...." right back to her, which startled her. Actually, the first time she groomed him, and I asked how he behaved (he was a stray, who, so far as anyone knew, had never been groomed before), she said he was a talker. When I asked her if that meant he'd barked or whined, she said, no, he talks. I'm still not quite clear on what that meant.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Zody is very chatty. He'll yip, sigh, moan, growl, screech, or bark depending on what he's wanting.

Reactions: crazy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me and my dog will have like a conversation with growling noises and then she'll bark and make like a really dramatic meow/yawn noise. Always makes us laugh.

Would also really appreciate it if you could answer my survey for my college coursework. I have to do some market research on a travel and tourism business idea. My business idea is campervan hire for dog owners.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PB3LD2N No worries if no one wants to do it would just really help me

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
He is most vocal at the dog park which gets us in trouble sometimes because people take it as aggression even though he's just playing.
I hate when people view barking dogs as aggressive without taking in the context. Tessa always barks hello at people, strangers or not, often she is in full on "I love you" submissive wiggle mode and barks "OW WOO WOW" at everyone. She's even gotten the mail man under her spell. Now whenever he sees her he asks for a hello and a high five. She happily obliges lol

**Oh I'm trying to post the vid of Tessa singing but I've having a hard time, any help would be nice :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I think I figured it out!

Hope it works:
https://youtu.be/6I17gP415-c

Sorry it's so dark. She left the room barking at me for shutting the song off lol

Reactions: crazy

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 23 Posts