Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I am looking for a dog toy that will keep a dog occupied for some period of time. NOT a kong, please. I was thinking chew sticks or dental sticks or a rubber thing or ball. No food toys please!:D:p;):):cool:

The best would be long-lasting. LIke one of them tyres made of tyres.

Dobergirl

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Hmm... no kongs, no food toys? Why not? That's about the only sort of thing that will keep a dog interested for long periods... something edible or filled with edibles.

You could try a regular beef marrow bone, although perhaps that is too much of a "food toy"?

I'm confusled...

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I think the OP meant no food puzzles?

I am a bit confused as well. You don't have a dog right? is this for a relatives dog? what kind of dog?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's for a relatives dog. It's a mixed breed. Well mostly not food toys because they are quite pricey. But I it can be something edible not filled with edibles. Like this:

I was thinking of a tennis ball with a slit in it and treats in there. It is not about the food, it is the price of food stuffed toys.

BTW: I do not buy stuff in the internet!

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
You can make your own food dispensing toys pretty easily...
For example, just put some kibble in an empty water bottle!;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can make your own food dispensing toys pretty easily...
For example, just put some kibble in an empty water bottle!;)
Sorry but I don't understand how a water bottle is going to dispense treats?:eek::eek:

I an thinking of making some.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't really like the raw hide toys...sometimes a dog will over indulge on them and it can "bind" in the intestinal tract.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard of dog's teeth cracking on them.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
what kind of dog. You can make your own. The water bottle one would be without the lid I imagine, and the dogs have to roll it around to get food out etc.

My dogs get a good work out from some kibble stuck in the cardboard roll from toilet paper etc.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
what kind of dog. You can make your own. The water bottle one would be without the lid I imagine, and the dogs have to roll it around to get food out etc.

My dogs get a good work out from some kibble stuck in the cardboard roll from toilet paper etc.
Yep! You're right!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts