Dog Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today we are leaving for saratoga. our filly, cameo gypsy rose, i already there. she arrived yesterday. today we are in our first sire stake race. for those that dont know, the sire stakes are for 2 and 3 yr old horses and they go for big money. today we are going for $40,000. we are soooo excited because this is the first horse we have bred at home who has made it to the sire stakes. the first 2, the stud was not a great match for my mare and they ended up not making it racing, but they are wonderful kids riding horses now. they had amazing temperaments, super sweet. this is the 3rd one we bred was to a really well known stud. shes a powerhouse and all she wants to do is gogogo! we have another one who just turned a year old, to another well known stud and shes looking really good. and we just bred the mare back again to this (the one we are racing today) fillies stud.

im super stoked. my family has waited a long time to have a horse of this caliber. :D:D:D:D:D we have put so much time an energy into these horses and its finally paying off. i hope we win!

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truly, the best of luck to you and to Cameo Gypsy Rose. I've read unflattering stories about racing recently, so I am glad to have someone of YOUR caliber in there.
its unfortunate... but, always have to remember there is good and bad in everything... showing, racing, even shelters and such..... i can assure you my horses are treated as well as the budweiser clydsales, if not better!

· Registered
4,917 Posts
Good luck GDM! I hope she does well - and yes, pics please :D or even better, a video of the race :p

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, we finished 4th. which is still good. she knocked 4 seconds (which is HUGE) off her fastest time shes gone in. she went in 1:58:2. the issue was her driver. he was "scared" of her. apparently he had been in a bad accident about a month ago and has been really nervous diving ever since. anyway, he was holding her back the whole time, and never made it on the gate at the start, already putting her at a disadvantage. she faught him every step of the way pulling as hard as she could to go faster, but he just wouldnt let her. its upsetting, but in a way its not... shes only going to get better as we go along. if anyone wants to see im posting the link to the video of the race. :D just copy and paste it into the web address.

mms://robertscom.wmod.llnwd.net/fc/a4792/e1/secure/wm/pan/2012/201207072042SRN6.wmv?CUST=SaratogaHarness&ANGLE=pan&TYPE=replay&e=1341721500&h=b1e6286d1e1926f9b12d8b305533961c

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, usually my cousin drives her. but this was a track that was 5hrs away from home so he stayed at drove our other horses at our home track and took care of the horses at home, while we went to go to this race. he will be driving her next week because that track is only 3hrs away and we arent spending the night there.

· Registered
1,261 Posts
She is gorgeous and i love the baby pictures! Congrats on knocking 4 seconds off her time, sorry about her driver though. Good luck on next week's race!!

I tried to watch the race, but the link didn't work for me :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.