Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my friends dog, and we've always wondered what he might be mixed with. His mother was an Alaskan Malamute. The litter had pups from 2 different dads. They know one of the fathers appeared to be a lab mix. They assume all the black pups were from the lab mix but they arent sure about the brown ones like this guy, who is now around 7 years (give or take a few). He's got an extremely long nose and long legs that makes me think greyhound or even smooth collie. But his height makes me think maybe some great dane in him too. I know of a husky/greyhound mix and he is much smaller than this dog. These pictures dont show his height or long nose good enough. the golden retriever standing next to him is a pretty good sized dog, maybe 17-19" tall. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Probably lab/greyhound mixed in. Genetics can play with mixes. I've seen a lab/dachshund mix litter and one puppy was really tall, while the other was really short. Greyhounds are tall, like this guy, and he stands like one too. His ears are also Greyhound-like. The coat color and head shape and eyes remind me of a lab. I can see the malamute in the tail and the fur texture.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I know your new, In the top corner above the users name is a time stamp. As you can see by this one, it is just over 2 years... No need to dig up ancient threads...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.