Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 year old beagle mix is on carprofen (Rimadyl) for arthritis. In the past, the tablet has been square with rounded edges. This time, the tablet was round. The texture appears to be the same. I have not been able to verify online that the tablets given are a form of carprofen; hopefully its just some generic version that is a different shape.

The lady at the desk at the vet office is grumpy and always in a hurry, so I am not 100% certain that her confirmation that this is carprofen is accurate. Hoping someone can confirm from the pics. I posted what the Rimadyl usually looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well neither of those pills are Rimadyl, so I'm not sure what you got there. Rimadyl is a brown square chewable tablet with a large "R" on one side, or an orangish tan oblong tablet that says"Rimadyl" on it. Are you getting the prescription filled by your vet? And are they selling those pills to you as Rimadyl, or as a generic form of it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
The square one is carprofen chewable by Putney (googled pv92 pill). I cannot read the code on your circular pill, but carprofen usually has the mgs written on one side, which yours does (75 mg). If you type the code on the other side along with the word pill into google, you can find out who manufactured the pill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts