Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my dog was licking her paws excessively. When I checked her paws yesterday morning I noticed her right dewclaw was super swollen. I soaked her paw in warm epsom salt water for about 10 min and periodically did a warm wet towel compress to relieve the pain or itchiness she may be feeling. She is acting normal and walks normal but Keeps licking it all day and night. Probably going to take her to the vet after work today but wanted to get some feedback as soon as possible. Does anyone know what causes this? Or if it will go away on its own? Anything helps

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
If the swelling hasn't gone down by now, it's probably not anytime soon if at all on its own. In that second photo, it looks really out of place to me. So, maybe she caught it, or something with the nail, maybe an infection? Don't know about her licking both paws though. Let us know when you get back from the vet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses! The vet said that she most likely caught it on something but her excessive licking of the dewclaw caused infection. So now she has to wear a cone and take some meds for the Inflammation and ointment for the paw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts