Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, Molly is 3 years old and is currently eating Kirkland dry food and Kirkland wet canned food as well as Purina Pro Plan canned food. I still have Hill Science Diet kimble and often mix it with her food but she does not seem to like it too much.

She is a huge picky eater and prefers our food and I do realize we made her that way but are trying our hardest in keeping her strictly on dog food.

Please I need suggestions on switching her to a healthy source of food. I would love to get her a good quality dry food as well as wet canned food. She is a bit overweight and again don't know which food is best for her.

She eats chicken at least once every 2 weeks. She has had allergic reactions before and also need to keep that in mind. However, I do not believe food causes her reactions.

I've read call of the wild is a good quality food. Please any suggestions and advice would greatly help me and I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
truly depends on budget for high quality food. First of all you need to stick to one food only and serve her meal put it down for 10-15 mins if not eaten let her eat it at next meal time dont add anything else to it. this does work btw!

Next with the chosen food only feed that food nothing else if transitioning the dog from say kirkland do it over a week and slowly.

a few brands off top of my head are acana, orijen, earthborn, wellness, fromm(most here feed that dry food apart from the ones that feed raw)

Acana have formulas with multiple protiens and limited ingredient formulas where only one protien and have a variety to choose from. I have my lab on acana light and fit to lose and maintain his weight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying, I just went out and bought some wellness chow so we shall see how she likes it.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Thank you for replying, I just went out and bought some wellness chow so we shall see how she likes it.
Your welcome hope she does well on it and likes it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts