Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm such a big fan of SG, and her programs in general (I'm currently in H360 and Agility Nation). She is currently offering the four critical core games of her Recallers Program. I play all these games with my dogs and love them.

Just in case anyone is interested in learning about them:

Recallers Guest Pass

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this! I'm eventually hoping to do some Susan Garrett classes, and LOVE her stuff, but money isn't especially plentiful right now, so its exciting to find it for free!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Moonstream - Her courses are not cheap that is for sure. Thank goodness my husband knows I have a problem and just accepts it. :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
I did the Free Recallers last year, but didn't have a dog at the time. Just my guinea pigs. :) I might go and do it, especially since I'm not doing any online dog classes right now.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Thanks for the link! I've done most of these games with Delilah before but Susan Garrett explains everything so well and it's helpful to see them applied in training situations. She should have her own TV show!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link! I've done most of these games with Delilah before but Susan Garrett explains everything so well and it's helpful to see them applied in training situations. She should have her own TV show!
I would totally watch!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks @Shandula for posting this!

I watched all but the last Game Day this weekend and started "playing" with my dog (I did a couple of the exercises before, but clearly made one or the other mistake without these detailed descriptions).

I got an email yesterday that Game Day 4 will be available today, and 1, 2 and three will be taken offline/made restricted tomorrow (4 will stay till the end of the week I think). On top of that, the email said that we'll be able to sign up for the full Recallers Program for 1 year access from today at noon until Thursday at midnight.
It is not specified if it is free or anything.

Does anyone know if the 1 year access is free as well? Unfortunately it's not yet up on the webpage, so no info at all.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@BrittaS - You are welcome! Recallers is definitely not free. It used to start around $250.00, but that was a couple years ago, so it has probably gone up. I can let you know since I'll probably be signing up. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
@BrittaS - You are welcome! Recallers is definitely not free. It used to start around $250.00, but that was a couple years ago, so it has probably gone up. I can let you know since I'll probably be signing up. :)
Too bad! It sounded too good to be true (I mean me imagining that it's free) :D

That would be great, thanks!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Shandula, if you didn't see it yet, you can sign up for the course until Thursday at midnight for $499 (normally $799).

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're so lucky you can purchase that training. It is so expensive I could never afford something like that right now!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@aylaaktan - I have a very understanding husband. ;) In the end, I'm not going to sign up. A lot of the games are in the early stages of H360 anyway. Plus, I really want to install some rubber floors in my basement for a training space... :)
@Garmie1 - I feel like people either love or hate SG, but she has some real solid training advice.

Reactions: jclark343

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what are the arguments against her?
She used to be a pharmaceutical sales rep, so sometimes she comes across real "salesman-eqsue", which I think turns people off. Another big complaint is her pricing, but it doesn't seem out of control to me. :shrug:

·
Registered
19 Posts
haha yeah that's what i figured, to be fair trainers either teach you for free and live on ad revenue or get a little extreme with the prices, there's no middle ground, positive reinforcement is finally starting to catch on and some trainers are taking advantage of it to make a living.

with high price tags comes quality and attention to detail so there's that.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Missed the last video because of work and that was the only exercise we hadn't done before :(
That last game is called the "Call Once Game". Warm your dog up with a couple collar grabs first. Essentially you get a bunch of people to stand in a circle (start small at first). Someone holds the leash, and someone calls your dog once. If your dog looks at them drop the leash and let them go to the person who called. The person who called extends their hand, grabs the collar and gives a cookie. Then someone else calls. Continue on, and make the circle bigger if your dog is being good. If your dog doesn't look when someone calls her (distracted by whatever, sniffing, looking somewhere), just move her a little by walking until she stops looking at her distraction, and have the person call her again, and repeat.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
That last game is called the "Call Once Game". Warm your dog up with a couple collar grabs first. Essentially you get a bunch of people to stand in a circle (start small at first). Someone holds the leash, and someone calls your dog once. If your dog looks at them drop the leash and let them go to the person who called. The person who called extends their hand, grabs the collar and gives a cookie. Then someone else calls. Continue on, and make the circle bigger if your dog is being good. If your dog doesn't look when someone calls her (distracted by whatever, sniffing, looking somewhere), just move her a little by walking until she stops looking at her distraction, and have the person call her again, and repeat.
Oh thanks!

Probably couldn't do that one anyways then because Delilah's scared of people.

·
Registered
662 Posts
What is the point of this exercise?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts