Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, groups of these guys have been stopping by on their way south the last few days. They stop and rest in the park across the street for a few hours. It's a sure sign that winter is close.................and we had some snow flurries yesterday too!

DSCN1691.jpg

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Oh yes, they're hanging out at the park by me as well. So much poop. Thankfully no snow yet though!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Be careful of that goose poop, tons of bacteria in it!
The squirrels here are going nuts storing food and the seem frantic about it this year! Very odd. I bought the original Farmers Almanac, it's so reliable for weather!

·
Registered
521 Posts
As if we don't have enough geese here in the south :D

There's a park here where there's always a ton of them. The ground is always completely covered in goose poop.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, but I don't go there. There are a lot of people that think it is an off leash area, which it isn't.
The snow was just minor, only a few flakes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That does look like winter. I'm in Canterbury, UK, and this is the warmest Halloween on record, ever. I spent the day working in the garden, in shirt sleeves.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
It's blowing up a storm here, the wind is 50 mph, howling, and it's freezing with snow flurries...and my daughter has to sit outside for 3.5 hours coaching cheerleaders at a football game! I loaded her up with "warm stuff"!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
We had three adult geese and a bunch of goslings at the summer camp I worked at this summer. They said it was the first summer that they ever had geese problems. The geese lived at the waterfront where the girls swam and went boating. They messed all through the grass, sand, and water. We spent quite a while picking up their poop only to have them mess again the next day... and then the next... and the next.

One day the waterfront staff went down and the geese finally had enough of them. The staff jumped on picnic tables and hid behind the body boards because they were in the geese's territory.
You silly geese you...

Then at the end of summer banquet we each designed mocktails. The most interesting mocktails were made and served to us counselors.

One of them had chocolate coconut ice cream with creme soda, whipped creme, and crushed graham crackers on top. Any guesses as to what it was called? "The Runny Goose Poop."

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
That does look like winter. I'm in Canterbury, UK, and this is the warmest Halloween on record, ever. I spent the day working in the garden, in shirt sleeves.
Wasn't it ridiculous! I actually can't wait for our proper Winter to start! I'm a bit weird, I love frosty walks :D

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
We've already had a bit of a cold snap down here in Florida, and MAN was I not ready for that.

Looks like time to pull out Roxie's sweater and make sure it fits!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts