Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey All,
My dog has really started to slow down as she has started to reach the ages of 6 and 7 and I was wondering if anyone has tried this supplement called Cold Fusion. I'll put the link below but I want my dog to be able to run around and play like she used to and am willing to try a holistic supplement. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know!
Cold Fusion Pet

·
Registered
385 Posts
Haven't used the Cold Fusion, but my older dogs did well on Tri-Acta HA. Have found after a couple of years it didn't seem to be working as well as it did, for my lab mix, so he is now on Recovery Extra Strength, and has more bounce in his step.
I always look for the joint supplements with Hyalauronic acid in them.

Reactions: Buzzu2

·
Super Moderator
4,972 Posts
@chrisriek I'm afraid I have had to remove your link as our virus checker suggests it is 'suspicious'.

However, if people know the product I'm sure they will still be happy to comment - ind if they needed the link to find out more about the product, it's likely they wouldn't know much about it anyway.

Please do let us know how you get on with it though.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi there,
I am wondering why your dog is slowing down. In my experience, 6 or 7 is not an age that most dogs, except for giant breeds, are getting old. So I am wondering if a vet check wouldn't be a good idea. It's entirely possible there's something medically wrong that can be treated.

I give fish oil to my dogs daily starting when they are about 5. And my elder dog is now getting Dasuquin every day as well. My vet recommends that as a joint supplement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Supplements for animals have vastly different quality requirements. The allowance for toxic contaminants is much higher that what is allowed for humans. For example: The AAFCO/FDA standard for Zinc Hydroxychloride for Animal Feeds, allows- 90 ppm lead, 20% chloride, 15 ppm chromium, 10 ppm arsenic, 10 ppm cadmium and 0.2ppm mercury. Its a cocktail of toxic metals. And is present in almost all pet Multi-Vitamin-Mineral (MVM) products. You could definitely give human supplements that have a certification of quality (USP of NSF are respectable).
Also, Supplements that are not in their natural form have upper limits of safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts