Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting to the time of year where I'll be feeding less oily fish in Lena's rotating "menu," and would like to start feeding oil on a semi-regular basis to keep her diet complete and balanced.

For those of you who use fish/krill oil, do you have a favorite brand? Why do you like it? Do you prefer fish oil over krill oil (or vice versa), and why? (and don't worry, I know about sourcing safe salmon oil) ;)

Do you have a preferred brand of Vit. E to counteract the oil you feed? Or do you work it into the diet in other ways (eggs, for example)?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I forget the name brand right off, I'm out and need to get more, but I use one from walmart, that is sardine, anchovie and makeral, and it has vit. E already in it. I would much prefer to use krill oil, but it just too pricey and I can't find a large bottle of it. I use these particular fish oils because they tend to have much less if any mercury.

As far as what to look for, if you use a human brand you want as little other ingredients as possible in it. No flavorings, etc....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts