Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thank you for any suggestions. I recently lost my job so we are living on a tight budget. I've been buying the $20 bag of ol'roy dog food, I know it's not good but can't afford much more right now. Does anyone know a better brand that's around the same price. I have a Walmart, tractor supply, and hannafords locally

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Tractor Supply house brand, 4Health, gets 4 stars on this site:Best Dry Dog Foods

A big bag is $34, I know that is more than your budget, but I have heard it said that higher quality dog foods can be fed at slightly lesser amounts because the dog is eating real food not filler.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, that you find a new job soon.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Could you afford Purina One? It's not the best, but it's certainly better than Ol 'Roy, and meat is the first ingredient. It's not too much more expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you I'll look into both I will also look into cutting down on some other things so I can possibly put more towards dog food. The 50lb bad of ol'Roy lasts 3-4 weeks

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
If you have or know anyone that has a costco card Natures Recipe or kirklands would be 100 times better then what you are using.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts