Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suddenly Scared of Food Bowl?!

14K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  kblover 
#1 ·
What. The. Eff.

This dog is going crazy, I'm convinced.

Suddenly, he runs from his food bowl. But...

-only at dinner time (breakfast is no problem)
-only with dog food in it (I put treats in it and he POUNCED on them)

Oh, and it's not the food. I put the same freaking food in a white bowl, and he ate it like no problem.

What's up with THAT?

Go ahead. Explain it to me.

#4 ·
Maybe you've been poking around and moving things to much :p
Seriously though, I agree with what fawkese said if it's metal, if not then I have no clue.

#6 ·
Maybe you've been poking around and moving things to much :p

Yeah, I must have flipped a few switches I shouldn't have and moved a couple brain cells to the wrong part of the brain!! :whistle:

So...where's that undo button? Or that "User Guide to Wally's Brain?" :ponder:

Oh wait, he didn't come with one...*sigh* :eyeroll:

#5 · (Edited)
Nope, not metal - just a plastic bowl. The same dark blue bowl he's been eating out of for the last 3 years.

Also, the food is dehydrated raw food, so it's silent when I scoop it in and when I add water and mix it up - it makes no sound and he's all eager to eat.

It's like OMG IT'S DINNER TIME then when it's time to actually eat the food it's like OMG THE FOOD IS GONNA EAT ME! ("In Soviet Russia, dog food eats dogs!" Dang it, Wally, this is America you communist dog!)

And then when I put some of the food on my fingers and he eats it off my fingers (right over the bowl) and then with a little encouragement, he starts eating...and then he scarfs down the whole bowl full of food. No fear, hesitation, slow eating while scanning around - nope. His head is all up on the bowl, tongue wiping it clean with his tags tapping the bowl a bit as they always do when he's trying to lick the remnants from the curve in the bowl.

#10 ·
:rofl:

#12 ·
Possible, but wouldn't make him hate/scared/avoiding the bowl/food all the time, not just during dinner?

#14 ·
#15 ·
Ha.

That's not gonna fly. He'll starve before I feed him by hand. :D Plus - why just during dinner? Breakfast he'll eat out of the pool but wants "delivery" for dinner? lol :D

Actually, as mysteriously as this appeared, it seems to have disappeared as of last night. He just jumped on his food like normal.

I don't know. This dog is weird. :dog-crazy:

#18 ·
CRAP, why didn't I think of that?! :lolsign:

Damn, now I have a smart, dominant dog that knows how to open doors, the differences in objects, and I can't even mutter in Spanish because he's learning that too.

GG, game over, man, game over!

My only hope is that he just dominated his food. He bit it hard enough, and alpha rolled it with his tongue. Maybe that's it...his teeth did corrective training on his food. I can only hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.