Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me! I have a 5 year old dog that has started to pee inside. I’ve had him since he was 7 weeks old, and he’s been house trained since he was a little puppy. He spends the day outside and comes in at night. For the last 3 nights in a row as soon as I bring him in he pees on my kitchen island, and I mean immediately. He literally is outside ALL DAY LONG, I don’t know why he would start doing this.

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
I don't know what could be causing it, have there been any changes in your family lifestyle? Is he entire or neutered?

For now I'd clean up with an enzymatic cleaner and leave it down for ten minutes to work properly before wiping it up - that will remove any trace of scent. And when he comes in, block access to that spot and distract him with something like play, training or food. After ten minutes I'd take him back outside to toilet if he needs to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what could be causing it, have there been any changes in your family lifestyle? Is he entire or neutered?

For now I'd clean up with an enzymatic cleaner and leave it down for ten minutes to work properly before wiping it up - that will remove any trace of scent. And when he comes in, block access to that spot and distract him with something like play, training or food. After ten minutes I'd take him back outside to toilet if he needs to.
He’s neutered. I had a baby, but that was 3 months ago so I’d assume he’s use to her by now. I’ll do that though.

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
It's less common but not unknown in neutered dogs (and bitches). It could be the baby, maybe you and baby smell differently because of hormones and so on - perhaps you will never know for sure so I'd still suggest management.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts