Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 yr old whippet/lab cross is the sweetest natured dog in the house but she goes berserk when out in the parks. Up to now she has been content just running like crazy but in the last 2 weeks she has developed an unnecessary hostility to any new dog or person. She will go after small dogs, bark and jump around humans and generally not let up harassing anything, even when the other dog whimpers and runs away submissively. In fact the odd dog who stands up to her does better as then she just runs away again.
This is getting so bad we now end up putting her on a lead as soon as it happens. And then she doesn't get the run and exercise that she clearly needs.
Any suggestions welcome.
She was a rescue dog, we got her when she was 5 months old and she has always had an aversion to grey haired men, but now it is indiscriminate and against almost everyone.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Is there anything that seemed to trigger this change in behavior, or did her behavior have any other changes prior to this? Does she seem anxious or wound up when she is greeting dog on-lead? Could you possibly get a video?

This would be really strange as a spontaneous behavior and I'm almost wondering if what you're seeing isn't frustration or demand barking. Does she growl or show teeth, or is it possible she could be running up to them, getting right in their face and going, "PLAY WITH ME! PLAY WITH ME! PLAY WITH ME!!!"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts