Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a boxer, she’s 8 years old and usually pretty healthy. Never had any trouble with limping etc.
A few weeks ago I brought her in a hike and it was a tough enough walk anyway when I got home she started limping as soon as she got out of the car. I just thought she had sat on her foot and it had fallen asleep but she wouldn’t walk on it. She carried it for less than ten minutes and the started walking again.
This has been happening almost everyday since then if she sleeps on her side for too long or in the morning she’ll carry her leg.
it’s not a problem with her knee as she lets us stretch it out I think it’s in her foot as she doesn’t let me ever touch her foot but she doesn’t like any of her feet being touched so I don’t know for sure.
She takes a glucosamine supplement everyday if that helps. I’m bringing her to the vet as soon as this pandemic blows over and I’m back in work. I rang my vet and since she’s in no pain it’s doesn’t seem to be an emergency.
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with a similar injury or could this be the start of arthritis or simply a soft tissue injury.
Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
Obviously we can't be sure without an exam, but I wouldn't expect arthritis to come on suddenly, and soft tissue injuries take ages to heal. I

You could try making Golden Paste with turmeric, it's a great anti inflammatory so could help for either arthritis or soft tissue damage.I

I used this one and froze it in portions in an ice cube tray.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hard to tell, ours jumped wrong five or six years ago, while we were out in our motor-home, she limped for a couple of days, seemed to recover so we let it go. Since then, every once in awhile she will seem to re injure that same front leg, but it never lasts more than a day or two. She can go months even a year or more without any symptoms, then limp for a day or two. Have never been able to tell where it hurts, our Vet can't find anything wrong, so we all live with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts