Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night we took our boy Clifford for a walk, put his harness on, played a little and went around the block. All is well. No lumps or bumps.

About an hour after getting home, he sits with me on the couch, I'm giving him some pets and I feel a very large bump on his shoulder. It is soft and easy to move and doesn't seem to bother him, but it seriously just appeared out of nowhere and is larger than a golf ball!

Trust me, we are always giving this big guy lots of loving and attention, and we would have noticed something like this developing. Any ideas as to what it could be?

I've attached a photo of him laying down where you can clearly see this mysterious bump.

Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would go straight to the vet. It's difficult to hep you with this from a Forum...

Could be a lipoma, or a liposarcoma (although they feel less moveable than a lipoma) or even a Sebaceous Cyst, but this doesn't look like one of them.

Again, I'm not a professional.
Go to the vet and tell us what you find out please!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't rely on a forum to diagnose medical issues. To find out what it is, your best course of action would be to see a vet. That being said, I just had a similar experience with a dog that suddenly (within a few minutes) developed a large, soft, moveable lump. Took dog to the vet and learned it was a large hematoma caused by blunt force trauma. I had heard the dog yelp loudly while running around the yard a few minutes before noticing the lump, but had not seen what happened; it turns out the dog ran into something and the impact was great enough to cause a large hematoma.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to the vet next week, was their earliest appointment. He is acting normally, eating, playing, being a doofus and it doesn't hurt him at all so they didn't think he needed to be rushed in. Hoping it just disappears like it showed up!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Is he a clumsy dog?

A friend's dog had something like this that turned out to be fluid deposition following a bruise. You should still definitely go to the vet but I thought I'd give you a totally non serious option since dr google seems to jump to tumor for skin lumps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is he a clumsy dog?

A friend's dog had something like this that turned out to be fluid deposition following a bruise. You should still definitely go to the vet but I thought I'd give you a totally non serious option since dr google seems to jump to tumor for skin lumps.
Oh yes lol, he is not graceful because he's always too excited about something. There was a skunk and a cat on the road during the walk we went for, I really think he hurt himself on his harness and it built up fluid. It seems to be getting smaller, so we will see! The vet wasn't worried when we called so we're staying calm :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts