Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2 year old Yorkie that I just brought from the suburbs to the city. He's been here for about a month and has slowly been adjusting to city life. He's been good so far about peeing outside at the scheduled times, however, he does not poop outside. I keep him in the crate when I go to work but when I come back, there's poop everywhere and when I go to take him out in the afternoon and before bed at night, he won't poop. I've started taking him out 3x a day (morning before work, afternoon after work, and before bed) for about 45 minutes to hour each time and he still doesn't poop.

I don't exactly get angry when he poops inside but it's extremely frustrating when he's stepping all in it, tracking it in the house, and then refuse to poop we're outside for that long. I've started giving him treats each time he poops outside but he doesn't do it very often so I never get to give him any.

Any suggestions on how I can get him to start pooping outside?

·
Registered
343 Posts
You're going to have to go back to house training basics and limit his freedom + watch him like a hawk until he gets the hang of going outside, when he does go outside praise and treats. If he's inside and you can't have your eyes on him constantly, he's in a play pen/crate/limited area where you know he won't have an accident.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts