Dog Forum banner

Are you subscribed to the Whole Dog Journal?

• Yes, and I read every issue.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes, but I don't read it often/don't find it very helpful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I plan to be soon.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No, but I used to be.

• No, and I have no interest in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who here subscribes to the Whole Dog Journal?
How long have you been a subscriber?
Why did you subscribe, for health, nutrition, or training/behavioral info?
What are your likes/dislikes about it?

If you don't subscribe, why not?

I am not a current subscriber; I used to be but just never renewed. I use their site on occassion and am considering resubscribing since there would be so much more available.

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! that didn't cross my mind at the time. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
I have a subscription.:)
I've had it for probably 3 years now. The first year was a gift from a friend and then I bought a 2 year subscription which I likely need to renew very soon...
I subscribe for everything in it. So much good info! I absolutely love that Pat Miller is the staff training editor and writes a new article each month.
Really the only thing I don't like is that the editions are fairly small. I always want more! But there is still a bonus to the smaller size, in that it's not jam packed with ads for breeders and products like Dog Fancy and some of the other dog magazines.

Oh! Just in case you don't know, when you subscribe you get your monthly paper copies in the mail as well as access to everything except the e-books online.:)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i was thinking about this today, i was reading an article on "the bark" i used to have a subscription and i really liked it, thought you might be interested in checking it out ;)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

What do you all think about the quality and substance of Dog Star Daily?

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
I've not subscribed to WDJ, but every time I pull up another article of theirs I think about it. One of these days I'll remember when I have the spare cash and actually do it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I subscribed when they first started. I kept it for about six years, then decided I had gleaned everything I could from it. Very informative. I bought a subscription for our high school library.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts