Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a dog from a pound which is amazing, except the fact that he always pees in the house. After some research, I realized that he is submissively peeing. I'm confused though since he pees over everything. For example today I simply went to pet him and he started to cower away from me and spray pee every where. I'm not sure what to do plz help me

·
Registered
297 Posts
This sounds a lot like fear. Other members would have more knowledge and materials on dealing with fearful dogs than I. But here are a few helpful things.
-always speak in a light soft voice around her
-reward any sign that she is coming out of her "shell"
-always handle her gently and have an inviting posture
-don't aprouch her fast. If she knows her name see if she will come to you. Reward heavily if she does.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Trucker did this for the first week or two after I brought him home. Ugh it was so annoying but you have to ensure that a dog who is submissive peeing is not being scolded but rather is just shown where they need to go to the bathroom next time. Trucker after an indecent would happen would try to grab my belt from where it hang and run off and hide with it (simple explanation, He thought I was going to whip him with a belt like his first owner). Now that he know when he makes a mistake he will get scolded not beaten, we have no more submissive peeing but sometime we still do have cowering and belt stealing so we are still working on things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.