Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What types of recipes/treats are good for puppies? I am wondering if they need something different/special since they might have a more sensitive digestive system?

·
Registered
21 Posts
What types of recipes/treats are good for puppies? I am wondering if they need something different/special since they might have a more sensitive digestive system?
You can find treats in many pet stores such as Petsmart or Petco that are designated for puppies. The label would say that it is for puppies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just use a little bit of peanut butter or pumpkin. You can also freeze it to give your pup a challenge. Banana is also a great addition.

Make sure you only put a little peanut butter because its very dense in calories :)

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I used frozen wet food that matches the protein/formula of the dry I fed/feed. You can also use oatmeal w/banana, puppy's kibble soaked and frozen, plain yogurt, mushed banana and berries, steamed and mushed veggies like carrots, etc.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm someone who believes in making dogs earn their food, so I always wet the regular kibble it ate, stuffed the kong and then made a very small "cap" of peanutbutter. Depending on the dog's mood/need to eat I would freeze it. I honestly don't like giving my dog special "treat food" as I think it tends to teach a dog to crave a food outside of it's own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is an online store called petdreams.in within you can find playtoys for puppies. You can fill a kong with goodies for puppies, ect. My dog like very much the kong filled with wild high puppy Formula with Bison and Lamb. The food is grain free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts