Dog Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh my - this poem makes me want to cry my eyes out right now. It's comforting to know there are others that grieve as much as I do when I lose one of my furbabies.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's only been a week, but it feels like it's been so much longer than that. @DriveDog, that was indeed a most beautiful poem. Thank you all so much for helping me get through this.

I've also been looking through Petfinder.com for another rescue. The numbers of available dogs is always more than a little depressing, but I'm also trying to remember that I'll be saving another life, like I did with Kirby.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just wanted to offer my condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. One thing to maybe consider is adopting a senior. When I said goodbye to my best friend of 17 years I decided to honour her memory by adopting an older pet. Now it's not for everyone, but, senior animals in shelters really don't stand much of a chance at being adopted, and it is such a tremendous act of love and selflessness to make the last years of their life special. I was actually given my rescued senior by a shelter, they were so deeply grateful to see him find a home.

Either way it's just a thought. The simple fact you are looking at shelter dogs is heartwarming.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A week is no time when you are missing everything about them. Takes a long time to get used to the fact they aren't there anymore. Shelter dogs are AMAZING pets, and you'd be honoring Kirby by saving another.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts