Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has pancreatitis there for not being able to eat many bones and other animal products or other food than his dry food so we try to keep him preoccupied with chewy toys or dog toys .He has a very strong jaw and teeth so they don't last long has anyone heard of a good dog toy that wont hurt teeth but will last ?

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I think you have to look around. My parents got a ball from petsmart years ago that could not be chewed up and it lasted their boxer, and two boxer mixes (one with lab and one with mastiff!). I would just shop around and look for toys that claim that :) (they are typically going to be hard of course)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kong makes indestructible chew toys, my rottie chews on his for hours and it still looks brand new. You can find them in pretty much every pet store.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah yes! And you can fill kongs with all sorts of yummy treats!
Yep! I jam treats in his and it takes him about 30 minutes to get them out. Sometimes i use peanut butter and freeze it overnight, he goes nuts for hours.

·
Registered
22,636 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
22,636 Posts
ohh ohhh! I just saw that in a catalog. I thought about buying it but I bet my dogs wouldn't use it. :)
i think i saw it at a wal mart, but i can't remember (seems like all i do is shop for dog toys anymore:) sometimes i feel like i might be just a little obsessed with my dog:eek:)
it wasn't terribly expensive.
why don't you think your dogs would use it?
i was thinking that you could freeze peanut butter in the water or broth or little bits of treats too...

clover does get bored with the kong toys when he figures out he can't just shred them:eyeroll:

anyway, it is a super cool toy, especially if you have a teething puppy!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
22,636 Posts

·
Registered
22,636 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
22,636 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found something out yesterday and I thought I would share. On my break at work I went to the local pet store and ended up chatting with the girl that works there. We started talking about kongs.... If anyone else out there has a dog that can actually destroy the indestructible kongs, there is a kong out there that even tougher. Has Anyone heard of the Blue kongs? Apparently they are made for police dogs and other working dogs. Made even stronger than the normal kong. But she told me you can only get them by asking your vet to order it for you. Has anyone seen these?

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts