Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend who is very much into horses sent me this video yesterday for the Striphair grooming tool. Has anyone used this for their dog?
They state that it can be used for any animal that sheds and I'm curious to know if it really removes hair that easily. It almost looks too good to be true. :ponder:

https://youtu.be/bs6h7zrVK54

·
Registered
156 Posts
My dog is short haired but still sheds like you wouldn't believe. I use the Furminator which I suspect is similar to this brush. It works amazingly well. You just have to be careful to avoid sensitive spots as it is a metal brush.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dog is short haired but still sheds like you wouldn't believe. I use the Furminator which I suspect is similar to this brush. It works amazingly well. You just have to be careful to avoid sensitive spots as it is a metal brush.
Thank you, I have a furminator, but I don't like it very much since it doesn't really help much for a thick, dense undercoat.
The striphair I posted doesn't seem to have any bristles, just a flat edge, so I was wondering if anyone had used it successfully on their dogs. I've used curry brushes on some of my short haired dogs which I feel works way better than the furminator, but the striphair video intrigued me and I'd like to know more :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have one for my horses and I never use it. A curry works way better. I can't imagine using it on a dog that has anything but short hair.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts