Dog Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've always been soft hearted when it comes to strays of any breed but kittens especially tug at my heart strings.

Several months ago a coworker found a beautiful grey & white kitten along the road to work since it was a boy she didn't want it so I brought him home with me. He had been an indoor kitty while we had him till he got big enough he wanted to romp and play outside so we started letting him out for a little while each day..Then I got him neutered and things were going good for him then one day we let him out and he vanished. Well it didn't turn out as bad as it could have, as a matter of fact it turned out rather well, You see my neighbor across the street loves cats, he feeds all the wild strays that you can't touch or love on and Bub decided he wanted to go to his house.
My daughter went over one afternoon and was going to bring him home but our neighbor got to talking about how much he enjoyed having him there because he would rub up against him and love on him. He told her that made his day..well you know there was no bringing Bub home after that, see my neighbor is almost 90 and was diagnosed with colon cancer..I couldn't take away something that he had grown to love so much and he takes good care of him.
So the other day....
I go to check on my mom at my grandpa's house, and I hear this tiny meow coming from behind a bunch of boxes in my grandpa's garage. I look and can't find or get to where it is coming from. Today I go back over to check on my mom( she to has been sick with cancer) and I hear this kitten again.
This time it comes in full view of me and I can reach it. He is horribly skinny, his left eye matted shut and has fleas really bad so being the softy that I am I tell my grandpa I'm taking him with me and going to doctor him up and get him on the road to recovery...Mind you his mom is a stray as well and is unapproachable she just found a place in my grandpas garage to have her babies. I did not hear or see any others but I couldn't bear to leave him when he was in such pitiful condition and knowing he was going to grow up if he made it as another stray...so he came home with me.
I washed him off and combed him out to rid him of fleas, he's too young to use flea killer on or appears to be about 4-5 wks old, I washed his eye with a warm wet cloth and fed him.. So now I have another baby to get accustomed to people and other pets and hopefully he will either stay with us or find a wonderful home like Bub did when he is older( and neutered)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
AWwwww Congrats on your 'find' :) Would love to see pics!!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
He looks so offended that you should subject him to the 'flashy box' :) CUTE!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol he is one of those cats that owns and rules the universe according to him,,therefore my daughter should have asked his permission before taking that pic lol

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
"Dogs have master's...Cat's have Staff" LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little

Ok here is Little right after I brought him home & got him all cleaned up..This is btw his favorite place to be..on your shoulder

Next pic is him and Gimpy his best buddy sleeping in the ferrets hammock

Attachments

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
so i wish that you could just hear me right now, tho i doubt you'd really want to, just imaging a whole lot of high pitched squealind sort of aaawwwww noises... they are sooo cute it really hurts!!!!!!!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
SQUEEEE!!! OMG that's going on my desktop-I love pics of two diff. species cuddling-but that is beyond CUTE!!!

Are you keeping him? I think you should keep him :) (I am a bad influence)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SQUEEEE!!! OMG that's going on my desktop-I love pics of two diff. species cuddling-but that is beyond CUTE!!!

Are you keeping him? I think you should keep him :) (I am a bad influence)

LOL more than likely we will keep him I mean how could anyone separate those two???
It's funny even when they are running around the house when they get tired Little and Gimpy will find some place and curl up together to sleep, usually my daughters bed buried under the covers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Aww so cute!
We take in stray kittys every now and then, we had one during the Summer but she's gone on to a new good home :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
aww omg the ferret yin yanged with the lil kitten is soooo adorable! I totally ditto fawkese's statement about all the high pitched squealing and stuff!

I think its awesome you seem to have this neat karma for finding kittens needing saving so they can help people in return :)

~MSE

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
close2perfect-you cursed me!! Now I have three kittens and a feral momma in my house, and bleeding hands ...pooey!!

j/k of course ;) hehheheh Pics of my captured babies coming soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts