Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background (PLEASE READ): I live in an impoverished country that does not have any form of animal control services or animal shelters/pounds. My neighborhood has been suffering from a stray dog problem for a while now where several stray dogs are residing in the area and harassing residents... Recently however the situation has gotten way worse because of the quarantine; the streets are almost always empty, and so more dogs have came into the area and the whole pack is now much more territorial and aggressive. Early this morning one of my senior neighbors was attacked by a group of about 10 dogs, they circled him barking and continuously kept trying to take away a bag in his hand which contained food, and if it weren't for the intervention of two passerby's those dogs would have most definitely tore that man into shreds.
I am left with the difficult decision of killing those dogs, now I'm asking you for an effective and hopefully non-painful way to put them down. Note what I said earlier about where I live, I do not have access to firearms or any sort of animal traps, the only poisons available are rat poison and insecticides. Any help is appreciated.
If this isn't the right place to ask, please direct me to where I can ask such a question. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
I'm not sure anyone who posts here regularly would have the capacity to advise you on this. I appreciate the difficulty, perhaps a good start would be to make sure no food is available to the dogs either in what is being thrown away, or being carried like your neighbour was doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply and appreciation Joanne. 🙏 I don't think there's much food (if any) that gets thrown away, the garbage collector takes the trash directly from apartments to his truck so I've never really seen anything thrown away. As for food carrying, I don't think that is an option because I can't stop other residents from ordering takeout or having groceries delivered for example. It is especially difficult in the case of a few of my neighbors who are elderly people and continuously need supplies delivered to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts