Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! I'm new here and english is not my native language, so i apologise for any incorrect words. I really need some help.

I have a 5 year old neutered mix dog. On tuesday night i discovered a strange rash-like thing on my dogs head. Only one. Next evening there were a lot more over his head. Its does not hurt him, not itchy either. They are just there. Smells a bit soury.
Medical history: neutered more than a year ago, got his anti-rabies vaccine on 12th January 2019, his behaviour not changed.
He is an indoor dog. We did not walk on different routes. I changed his food about 4 weeks ago. At that time, nothing changed. Previousely he never had any allergies.
Those rashes are spreading, now his chest is almost full of them too.
I took him to the vet on thursday. They said there is a long list of what this can be, took samples. It's gonna take at least 2 weeks.

I came here for a chat? maybe, because im worried about him still, and maybe you guys have met something like this before. I searched the whole internet, but I didn't see anything like this. Not even similar. (Of course, i trust his doctor and I will do everything he says.) Have you seen something like this before? If yes, what caused them? (I attached 2 pics)

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for your answers!

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks like some kind of parasite to me, but whatever it is, I would wait to see what your vet says. Anything you treat it with could potentially aggravate the situation

Lynsey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, I definitely won't treat him with anything, unless the vet says so. He uses a "pill" against parasites, so shouldn't it be highly unlikely? (he uses Bravecto, if you are familiar with it)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Never heard of that, but maybe it's not available here in Bulgaria. It does seem unlikely if it's a proven treatment. I'd be interested to know the outcome of this, please keep me posted

Lynsey

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi LoudSnowBab. I am a VET in Australia and would like to help you.
Could you please tell me what his diet was before you changed it? And also let me know what his diet is now.
This could possibly be an allergy outbreak to the sudden change of food, which is actually quite common and can be amended.
Is he scratching or licking the wounds?
If he is constantly itching, this could also be a mite infestation.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts